At Puggle we want to make travel as easy as possible, so thought why you are checking out our awesome family travel content that you may also need to start thinking about passports? So here is a super quick guide with helpful links to get you started.
Check it out below;
A Quick summary to apply for an Australian Passport
For adults, an ordinary passport, valid for ten years, costs A$293.
Children's passports are valid for five years and cost A$148.
Child applicants aged 16 or 17 are issued with 10-year passports, which cost A$293.
Passport applications lodged overseas attract a surcharge. This is A$132 for adult applicants and A$64 for child applicants, including 16 and 17 year olds.
What you need to do:
- Collect all your citizenship and identity documents.
- Get passport photos taken.
- Ask a guarantor to sign the form and photos.
- Lodge your passport application online in person.
- Allow approximately three weeks to receive your new passport, avoid additional stress and don't cut it too close to your travel dates.
Click the link below for more information: